James

James checking in

Hi, everyone!

I'm guessing like a lot of you, I started playing RuneScape late 2002/early 2003, which today we call RuneScape Classic! As soon as my friend showed me the game I was instantly hooked, no lifing with my brother @Tyrael - I remember us both having a picture of the Classic map printed out stuck to the walls in case we got lost walking from Lumbridge to Varrock! From 2007 onwards, I had an on-off relationship with RS, starting with the removal of the wilderness and then EOC. Once OSRS was released, I knew I had to start the grind again.

A couple of years back, I had a slightly drunken mishap that ended up with me having a broken foot and unable to go out for a few months, and once again the grid started. Tyrael kept pushing me to start merchanting while training, so I flipped 1k Toadflax for a quick 190k and was instantly hooked. I started to build a tool that would allow me to see the Highest Margins in-game at any point in time so I would always have access to profitable flips instead of manually testing margins. I showed the site to a few of my friends that played OSRS and they assured me that others would use and benefit from my tool, which was originally named "Grand Exchange Tracker". Over the next few months I brought a new interface to the website and some additional functionality, before posting on reddit.

I was never expecting the reception that GE Tracker has received, and it has been a great journey to bring us to where we are today - thanks to all of you.

Some other facts about me:

• Studied Computer Science
  • Hate skilling on OSRS, have only trained Hunter + Runecrafting + Farming with Tears of Guthix
  • When I was younger, was the only kid with a 99 (fletching xD)
  • My girlfriend hates both computers and RuneScape
  • Love cider, tequila, vodka etc etc..

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and am always available on Discord as well as the forums :)

• reaction_title_1 2

40 minutes ago, James said:

A couple of years back, I had a slightly drunken mishap that ended up with me having a broken foot and unable to go out for a few months, and once again the grid started. Tyrael kept pushing me to start merchanting while training, so I flipped 1k Toadflax for a quick 190k and was instantly hooked. I started to build a tool that would allow me to see the Highest Margins in-game at any point in time so I would always have access to profitable flips instead of manually testing margins. I showed the site to a few of my friends that played OSRS and they assured me that others would use and benefit from my tool, which was originally named "Grand Exchange Tracker". Over the next few months I brought a new interface to the website and some additional functionality, before posting on reddit.

I was never expecting the reception that GE Tracker has received, and it has been a great journey to bring us to where we are today - thanks to all of you.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and am always available on Discord as well as the forums :)

I bet everyones pretty happy you broke your bone that day xD. I wasn't there at the very beginning, but it's been amazing to see the amount of hard work you put into the site overtime. 

As a merchant, I've no idea how I've been flipping for so long without this tool. It's really next level!